Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sick!


Max On A Better Day.


So today Max hurled! Officially he has the FLU. He has never had the flu before (lucky me) BUT today was the day and I worked last night yea! I never realized how gross it really is and how helpless I would feel. The only plus side is that he is more cuddly. I didn't know what to do though, I mean I am a nurse but our kiddos don't do this. So I called my mom and the Peds office thank goodness for experienced people then loaded him up and went to Walgreen's I got Pedialyte and such and went to check out and Max acted perfectly normal, he was trying so hard to have energy. I told the lady he was sick and asked if they had a disinfectant wipe for the cart, she looked at me funny and said they would take care of it, I knew she wouldn't that made me mad.

ANYWAY I have been thinking all day long about all the times when I was sick or hurt and my mom and dad took care of me. Poor them... They were really good parents they really must have loved us, you have to REALLY love someone to be willing to clean up THROW UP. Now I am going to be sick most likely, yea the CIRCLE OF LOVE! UGG I am so tired. Being a mom really makes you appreciate your mom. THANK YOU MOM.

4 comments:

Laura Barrett said...

Oh sad, hope he gets feeling better! So sad and hard to see your own babies suffering huh?

Cherlelynn Bednar said...

I'm so sorry he's sick. I'm sure seeing all of the sick kiddies at work makes you worry when you're own gets sick (since you know what can happen). I know when my two little ones (who were both in the NICU) came home I worried about every sniffle for the first few years. I hope Max gets better soon!

Heidi said...

I feel your pain. Meghan's been really sick too(see my blog I just posted).

Krista Hansen said...

I HATE when Sam throws up! He has no concept of how to aim and just wants me to hold him, and then throws up all over me. I do twice the laundry and baths. Gross! Hopefully this will pass soon. You're such a MOM :)