Sunday, February 22, 2009

The "Bad Mom" Week.


This week has not gone as well as I had hoped, for both Max and I. We started with his first LARGE splinter, that had to be removed with a pin and tweezers. It killed me, you feel so bad. He got over it a lot faster than I did. Then Poison Control, ohhh... Max got a hold of one of the oil fragrance pluggins and ripped it apart and had oil all over his face along with the base in his mouth when he walked up to me. I worried of course so I had to call poison control, but I was paranoid that the ambulance would have to come, why?? Because the only other time I have had to call for possible poison ingestion was when Eric was young and I was babysitting and we thought he drank hairspray. Max was ok, he didn't go into distress. THEN.... I left the back door open for a second.... to check on Corey in the garage and Max (who I guess is quicker than I thought) was all of the sudden at the door, hoovering at the edge of the CONCRETE stairs 5 or 6 of them. I launched, but grabbed his arm just as he fell. He hit his head, twisted his arm and got his first shinner. He cried. I cried. then end to a bab mom week. That means that this next week cant be as DANGEROUS right? Ohhhh... I hate the guilt that comes with being a Mom. Anyway that was my Week. Here is the random picture. For the post.

3 comments:

Mike, Starli and Alexander said...

wow what a crazy no good horrible week :( so sorry!

Anonymous said...

Welcome to Momhood! Somehow they seem to survive and thrive in spite of us.

Corey J. Emerson said...

Katie your such a spazz! If she's a bad Mommy does that make me a bad Daddy. Max will have many many more cuts, falls, breaks ect. He's a monkey. Every so often even monkeys fall from the tree. But he's our little monkey.