Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Projects I am working on Cont......


I know I know I don't have any girls but I do have nieces and friends who do so I thought I could make those flower clips too. Cute huh.



This project I actually started around Christmas. I took AP art in high school and we did a section on jewelry making and so I learned to solder. I kept seeing these in stores and thought they would be fun to make for Christmas gifts. I found though that I was quite out of practice and didn't end up finishing them. I still need to even out some of the silver and put jump rings on them but you guys will get them this year... I promise hope you like them.



I saw this tutorial online and thought I would try it. It is a "Shag Rag Rug" You get a towel or t-shirts and cut them in strips and thread them in and knot them. I started using a towel but may decide next time to use t-shirts or sheets because the towel sure sheds a lot. Maybe that will go away after a couple of washings. It is really soft and cushy though I want to put it in Max's bathroom with his Monkey Shower curtain that Corey bought him.

3 comments:

Jordan said...

I think the cute headbands they have nowadays for baby girls are a-dor-a-ble. So when we have a baby girl ...someday... I'm hiring you! I bet a headband wouldn't be that much harder than a hair clip right?

familia Bybaran said...

These are really beautiful. If you sold these on Etsy, I would definitely buy some!

Jayci said...

holy cow!! These are all ADORABLE. :) I want one of those necklaces, by the way. ;o) So pretty! And the shag rag rug is a fun idea. I like it a lot!!